web tracker A Piece of My Mind: Addicted

A Piece of My Mind

Here I'll talk about the things I see, feel, think and imagine, of things that are, were or could be, in hopes for people to enter my mind and we could share some thoughts...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Addicted


addiction
Originally uploaded by ale_to_rro.
A few days ago, I was discusing cigarrettes with a friend, he told me, well Alejandro, you don't know how hard is to be addicted to something, you don't smoke, you don't do drugs, and you don't have a drinking problem....I pretty much in shocked, told him, "have you ever noticed that you haven't seen me without drinking coke or coffee at least in a two hour period every day"...he stayed quiet, remembered the days we had spent together and he then said: "its true, you're always drinking one of those things or both"... ding ding ding...yes I'm addicted to caffeine...

There have been days, were I don't drink coke or coffee, If i don't drink either of them one day, everything will be okay, at the second day, a little headache will begin, on the third day, its worse than migraine...and it won't stop until I drink some caffeine...

All this, lead me to think...

Are we all addicted?

There are your obvious everyday legal drugs, such as tobacco and alcohol, and probably at least a 60% of the world population smokes (this is just guessing its not a real number), and we call them addicts, and of course, when we think of addicts we'd rather think of "drugaddicts" those who use sustances as pot, extasis, cocaine, crystal meth, crack among others...

This may or may not be dangerous drugs (i'm not getting into that debate), but we only considered the people who use these substances as the ones who have a problem...what about the people who like to shop a lot, or have tons of sex, or are workaholics, even me that can't spend a day without the caffeine, don't we have a problem?

What about those who drink a lot of water, more than what a normal person would, or who eat tons of sweets, or even lettuce?!

Bree Van de Kamp on Desperate Housewives, once realized the best way to lose an addiction is to get another one...is this true?

As pesimistic this may sound...I believe it is...we all end up being addicted to something, family, tv, advice columns, there's not a cure, there probably won't be, but still there's a problem and we won't admit it...

Hi, my name is Alejandro, and I'm a Caffeine Addict...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home