web tracker A Piece of My Mind: Me Against The Music

A Piece of My Mind

Here I'll talk about the things I see, feel, think and imagine, of things that are, were or could be, in hopes for people to enter my mind and we could share some thoughts...

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Me Against The Music





Britney Spears
Originally uploaded by ale_to_rro.

One of the things I hate the most is the lack of respect, towards ourselves, towards others and towards something. When I was younger and I saw something I didn't like, I said: "well that sucks". After I got into college and I began doing some artistic stuff, and I learned some Art History among some other stuff, I began to learn something more valuable: "if you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not good".


It all began since my first day of school, actually my first Design lesson, my work at first weren't that good (I sort of didn't understand the projects)suddenly, I put an extra effort and I began doing this not so excellent work, but hey they were great, even once the teacher ask the entire classroom to give me an applause because I did the best work in class (a type brochure), and this was coming from the same teacher that at the beginning of the class told me I should drop just drop it.


Then it all moved forward with my Art History class, when the teacher taught us the Modern movement (i think it was) we all were, like "hell those painting sucks, even when i was 5 i could've done that". And then she calmly said: "You say that now, because it was done, no one by that time would've dare to paint that and no one had did, they broke the standards". I loved that class and I loved that teacher (Arq. Lorena Tezanos) she with that comment taught me one of the most valuable things in life.


Then it came the marketing class, another great lesson, "you don't make a product and then think how and to who sell it, you see what the market wants and needs and then you create a product".


What does all of this has to do with respect? Some people as old as DinNossaurs (i respect the younger ones because it takes time to grow up and to learn how to respect stuff, even though sometimes teens and children could surprise you). Don't value this, and it happens mostly with the music, the tv shows and movies. That's why I've always told my gorda I love her (lechelatte.blogspot.com) if she doesn't likes something she'll never say it sucks, she will just simply say: "i don't like it". She never takes credit off the work that has been done, simply its not right.


However, there are some people that if they don't like it, they'll claim it sucks and of course they'll think they're the best, I pity those fools.


I also pity those people who even though they like something or someone (Britney Spears has been taking as an example) they will claim and swear to everyone they don't like it, but in the privacy of their home they'll enjoy her music, and her videos, because they need people to think they like only "cool music" like Franz Ferdinand (don't take me wrong they're great) and Tribalistas.


Remember if there's something out there, its because there is someone who's buying it and who likes it, whether you like it or not, it doesn't mean that, that person has the worst tate and you have the greatest, it means that you have different tastes and you should respect that, its called variety and having options.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home