web tracker A Piece of My Mind: The Simple Life

A Piece of My Mind

Here I'll talk about the things I see, feel, think and imagine, of things that are, were or could be, in hopes for people to enter my mind and we could share some thoughts...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Simple Life



My first post in New York, you would think that I would post about how simple (due to the title) life is here. I don't have to go to a supermarket to buy food, I just have to go to www.freshdirect.com and order it online and they'll bring it right into my home, nor how easy is to pay my cellphone bill, just have to go online again, and cable/internet/phone bill (again online) or how cable here is great, I could be watching Grey's Anatomy, but damn you guys don't stop calling me to see how am I doing, what am I to do, oh well, just pause it, talk to you, then press play and keep on watching without missing a single minute....oh yes the simple life....

Wish it were that simple....that much of what I've said its soooo true...but, the other part, the complicated part....the "aaargh" I wish I could just ripp an arm so I don't have to do this ever again part, CLEANING...yes my friends, cleaning.

Most of the people that live in the Dominican Republic (y'know where I come from) if they are middle class and up, we have a maid or two, I was lucky enough to have two, one who always made whatever I desired for breakfast, lunch, dinner, I didn't have to worry about preparing my meals, washing the dishes, washing the pots, cleaning the table, I didn't have to do my laundry, nor to make my bed, not even to fold my laundry, I didn't do anything...

Most of you will say, well, making your bed, making sure your room is clean is part of your responsibilities, not the maids, but well my dear readers, for me it wasn't (only on sundays, and not even then)...

Now I live The Simple Life in honor of Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie's tv show...I may still have the credit cards, and shopping sprees, but when you're leaving on your own, and having to do everything, and have a life, and go to the gym, and to study, you just get really beaten up by the end of the day, and you still have to do the dishes.

Will I survive, The Simple Life?

7 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    who the hell is this spoiled bratt?...I mean you could try having a little bit of modesty...prince whatever with all his "credit cards and life is still shitty" why don't you get one of your maids...I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem for daddy or mommy ;)
    son of the emperor of Dominican Republic...

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i just ran acros your blog...i've been told there was a lot of shit out there ...but wow..i never expected this!!!
    i mean seriously TWO whole maids at your disposal..........that sounds great.....however you can't make your own bed nor can you clean....well i guess you never got to go to camp cause your parents where busy saving up so u could go live in nyc and have 4 credit cards and come up with this stinking heap of crap
    i truly believe you should think hard...like when u pray your credit card won't be rejected ...before you EVER think of writing again....it's an insult not to me but to you..i say this as a friend ......

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Alejandro said…

    trust me i'm not a spoiled bratt, if i were be positive that someone here would be cleaning this mess, i'm just not used to it. and when i say, credit cards and shopping sprees, i don't know if you've heard the theme song of the tv show i mentioned "The Simple Life" which says: "we take the cards and shopping sprees" and trust me when i say i don't do shopping sprees.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Alejandro said…

    hum...the two maids weren't all for myself...they were for the whole family...i did went to camp, i went to Georgetown Prep on Summer 2000 and L'Ecole des Roches on Summer 2001, and i did had to clean and make my bed...i do know how to do it, i do it every single day, i'm just stating for all the people that do know me, which trust me i'm humble, but i'm freaking lazy and now all that stops and its time for me to live the simple life...i invite you to stop sending anonymous comments, show your face and keep reading you might find something interesting

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    in favor of the writer ... been there .. done that ... know how it feels, but still, the experience of living on your own in NYC is great. However we, the spoiled bratts, citizens of the Dominican Republic, will never get used to it.

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm... quede anonadado con lo de www.freshdirect.com...
    mi madre... yo no se que haria y si la usaria esa facilidad... it's really groundbreaking for me...
    pero sinceramente que me dejo atonito...

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I´m in Spain , and I have to do everything , cloths , meals , dishes.... So please don´t ans if you don´t know the life´s style in Dominican Republic... nos vemos alejandro y en que parte de New york estas viviendo...... Un amigo del cole que vive en Madrid

     

Post a Comment

<< Home