web tracker A Piece of My Mind: I'm....

A Piece of My Mind

Here I'll talk about the things I see, feel, think and imagine, of things that are, were or could be, in hopes for people to enter my mind and we could share some thoughts...

Monday, October 02, 2006

I'm....



The two words I hear the most and use all the time while I've been in New York, are two basic english words (or three if you get technical), they are, I'm Sorry.

In a city, where everyone keeps bumping into strangers in the street, where you the entire time kick, touch, knock, and block complete strangers, is easy to think, am I sorry for co-existing?

If you think about New York, you have to remember that Manhattan is a small tiny island, in which eight million people are in a constant rush to live their lives. If you add those two factors together, the only think that can come out of it, is chaos.

The sad part is though, we sometimes not even acknowledge the person who we're saying sorry to, we say it automatically, like if we were programmed to do so, we say the words, but don't feel them, we're afraid maybe? Afraid of having to realize that someone outside our persona is there, living, breathing, doing something?

We know there are more people, but for us they're all extras in our own reality-tv show, we're not sorry for bumping into them, they got in our way, remember, we're the stars.....

I just wish, I could hear less I'm sorry, and more "are you okay", I just wish that when i'm on the elevator with someone and I say: "Hi" and smile, i get a hi back, its not that hard...

I'm sorry...

3 Comments:

  • At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's sad to think that in the chaos of the crowded urbanity of Manhatten, there isn't even a glimmer of genuine interest or friendliness left within its residents.

    well, there is... but it's hard to find....

    -Bobby :)

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger SuperPosho said…

    It is out there. There are many, just like you, who think the same way. So keep on keeping on. And maybe, just maybe, one of these days someone will say Hi back to you on the elevator.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey!!!, NY te tiene lazy?, Where are the new posts!!! :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home